Apply on Indeed!
Vrapi Weeks is the leading immigration law firm in New Mexico with offices in Albuquerque and Santa Fe. We offer high quality service and enjoy an excellent reputation among clients, colleagues, and the community. For more on our core values: http://www.vrapiweeks.com
We represent many of the healthcare and education organizations in New Mexico and beyond. There is nothing more rewarding than bringing doctors, nurses, and teachers to New Mexico. This position will be a part of the employment based immigration team working alongside other experienced attorneys and paralegals/legal assistants helping our hospitals, schools, and professional services organizations hire the best in the world. This position will also assist with family based immigration cases.
We are hiring for a full time Associate Attorney to work in our Albuquerque office. This position requires someone who cares for the community we serve, has good attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills.
Mission of the Position
Take charge of employment-based and family-based immigration caseload with efficiency and quality in a team comprised of other attorneys and paralegals.
- Within the first 6 months on the job:
- Embrace firm mission and culture.
- Be able to conduct consultations with supervision by other attorneys
- Prepare quality submissions in affirmative filings before USCIS and other related agencies
- Effectively handle interviews before USCIS in consultation with other attorneys
- Take ownership over assigned cases in order to effectively and timely manage tasks and deadlines
- Effectively communicate with clients regarding the immigration process and case strategy
- Within 1 year on the job:
- Conduct consultations independently
- Represent clients in interviews before USCIS independently
- Independently prepare quality submissions in affirmative filings before USCIS
- Establish professional profiles, online presence, and contacts with referral sources
- Attention to detail
- Strong organization, planning, follow-through, and time-management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Excellent client service skills
- Ability to work independently on collaborative projects
- Spanish proficiency preferred but not required
Location: Albuquerque, NM.
Full Time: The position is full time, Monday-Friday.
Experience: No prior immigration experience required. Will consider recent graduates and 3rd year law students graduating soon.
Licensing: Must be licensed in any jurisdiction in the United States. Will consider recent graduates who have not yet taken the bar exam.
Compensation: Our philosophy is to hire the best people and pay at the top of the market, including a full benefits package. Initial compensation is dependent on experience and education. Advancements and raises are based on productivity and performance in addition to cost of living adjustments.